May 14, 2011

Stopping by Woods on Snowy Evening Analysis

Living and Leaving

This poem by Robert Frost is said to be conveying life and death of a person. We all know that life is very important and there are times wherein we never think about it. All we think is happiness. But what about the challenges and problems we encounter in daily lives? These things can never be avoided because as long as we are living in this world, problems are with us.

Based on my experience, I sometimes think to end my life especially when there are problems which for me seem to be difficult to solve. As we all know, problems are given to us by God because we can solve it, not just a chance to end our lives. Suddenly, I think and learn that if I will end my life right away, it is like escaping the challenges of life. That is why I try proving to myself that I can solve and I can surpass these problems. It's because for me, if I will surrender facing those challenges, I can't see the beauty of life and I can't understand the meaning of life. I now know that we still have important things to do to make our life meaningful, even more meaningful.

In the last stanza of the poem, it conveys to us that the persona still has promises to keep or shall we call things to do in life before he will be engaged to death. That's why, maybe he faced the challenges he encountered as he continued living.

No comments:

Post a Comment