May 30, 2011

Sonnet 116 Analysis

Time Never Affects True Love

The Sonnet 116 of William Shakespeare states that love is eternal. Love is not only a feeling that lasts for ‘months’ or ‘years’ but a feeling which lasts ‘forever’. This will show that the love is true. It’s only a play of feelings if that’s the case. The poem also conveys that love cannot be changed by time. In other words, if you love and suddenly you decided to stop your relationship or shall we call ‘cooloff’, that love is also not true. He also added that if love is true, it cannot be shaken and destroyed by temptations.

Based on my friend’s experience, not my experience since I haven’t tried to love seriously, once you broke up your relationship with someone, you will never repair it back since this kind of love is not totally true. My friend also said that he must only love a person who will love him truly and who will love him forever. I think what he said is true because if you untruly love a person, he or she might find another person to be loved. Even I haven’t tried yet to love seriously, I still felt what the loving person feels and thinks in a relationship. I also agree with the saying that “LOVE can wait” since love does not matter about time. Even about years, if you love someone, you can wait. And if that’s so, your love for that person is totally true.

No comments:

Post a Comment